Bunions are malformation of the joint connecting to big toe of the foot which can lead to swollen and tender. It is characterized by deviation of the first joint of the big toe to slant outward and the second joint to angle toward the other toes. It can also be described as enlargement of bone or tissue around the joint at the bottom of the big toe. Its most common in the women.
- Ill fitted shoes.
- Abnormal bone
- Irritated skin
- Bony bump
- Shift of the big toe toward the other toes
- Footwear change
- Padding and shielding
- Wear Proper footwear.
- Wear roomy shoes that have wide and deep toe boxes, low or flat heels, and good arch supports.
- Avoid tight, narrow, or high-heeled shoes that put pressure on the big toe joint.
- Preventing rolling inward of the foot during walking or running may help prevent bunions.
- Wear shoe using arch support to avoid excessive foot pro nation.